Policies for Hillside Colorado Cottages
SHORT TERM VACATION RENTAL AGREEMENT
This Short Term Vacation Rental Agreement (the "Agreement") is made by and between Rocky Mountain Management, LLC ("Owner") and Guest ("Guest") as of the date of reservation. For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the parties hereby agree as follows:
1. Property. The property is located at: 59424 Highway 69, Hillside, Colorado 81232.
Each cottage property is furnished individually, but generally includes the following: a kitchen equipped with stovetop, refrigerator, microwave, hot water kettle, crockpot, pots/pans, cooking utensils, plates/cups/mugs; a full bathroom with shower & towels, at least one queen bed (actual specifications differ by cottage) living room furnishings & dining furnishings.
2. Rental Party: The rental party shall consist of Guest and any additional persons, as permitted in the "Maximum Occupancy" section of this agreement.
3. Maximum Occupancy: The maximum number of guests varies by cottage from 2 persons – 8 persons. Guest hereby agrees to adhere to the maximum occupancy terms stated for the specific vacation cottage they enter into a rental agreement for.
4. Term of the Lease. The lease begins at 4 p.m. on the "Check-in Date"; and ends at 11:00 a.m. on the "Checkout Date".
5. Minimum Stay: This property requires a 1 night minimum stay, unless otherwise stated.
6. Rental Rules: Guest agrees to abide by the Rental Rules attached as Exhibit A at all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else Guest permits on the property to abide by the following rules at all times while at the property.
7. Access: Guest shall allow Owner access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection, to freshen towels every three days, or to replace sheets every seven days. Owner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.
8. Rental Rate and Fees: Payment required is 50% at time of reservation, and 50% required fourteen (14) days in advance of arrival. Terms may vary if reservation is made through a third-party site with a nonrefundable rate. In this instance, 100% payment is required at time of booking and total cost is nonrefundable.
If the premises appear dirty or damaged upon Check-in, Guest shall inform Homeowner immediately via call/text to 970.631.3786 or email to email@example.com
9. Cancellation Policy: Any cancellations made less than fourteen (14) days prior to the arrival date will be subject to a fee of 50% of the anticipated total reservation, unless otherwise stated. Your specific cancellation policy may differ if you booked through a third-party site.
10. Insurance: We encourage all renters to purchase traveler insurance.
11. Payment: Acceptable payment methods are credit card, as identified at time of booking.
12. Illegal Activity: Guest agrees not to use the premises for any activities or purposes that violates any criminal law or governmental regulation or to engage in any illegal activity while on property; such use or activity will result in immediate eviction and forfeiture of all fees.
By reserving a cottage, Guest agrees to this Short Term Vacation Rental Agreement, including Exhibit A
Exhibit A: RENTAL RULES
1. Smoking of any substance is NOT allowed inside the cottages.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. Liability Release: The owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The owners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
6. PETS – WE OFFER TWO PET FRIENDLY COTTAGES (Cottage #3A and Cottage #3B), where one pet under 50 lbs is allowed. Cottage #1, Cottage #2 and Cottage #4 DO NOT allow pets. It is hereby agreed by and between Owner and Guest that the guest will adhere to the specific pet policies of the vacation cottage guest enters into rental agreement for. In Cottage 3A and 3B, pets are permitted only with prior approval and the $25 fee per reservation is required at time of booking. It is hereby agreed by and between Owner and Guest that the guest is allowed to bring a maximum of one pet under 50 lbs to the cottage during term of reservation. No others pets will be allowed in the vacation cottage during the term of reservation. Guest hereby agrees to pay additional pet fee in the amount of $25 per reservation, that pet must be up-to-date on rabies vaccinations and all other necessary vaccinations. Heartworm preventive is highly recommended. All pets must be leashed at all times. Guest is responsible for cleaning up any/all pet refuse. Pets are not allowed on furniture at any time. Any evidence of pets on furniture may incur extra cleaning fees. All pets are to be treated with a topical flea and tick repellent three (3) days prior to arrival. Fleas and ticks are very rampant in this area and can cause harmful/fatal illness to humans and pets. Pet must not cause damage to premises or furnishings. If damages are caused, the cost of the damage may be charged to guest. Guest should prevent pets from producing excessive noise at a level that disturbs neighbors. Pet will not be left unattended for an undue length of time, either indoors or out. Pet must be kenneled if left unattended in the cottage. Pet will not be left unattended on balcony, patio, or porch. Owner assumes no responsibility for illness or injury that may incur to pets or humans while on the premises. Guest shall be solely responsible for the pet while on the property.
7. Parking: Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. Each cottage has one available parking spot beside the unit. Additional parking provided in front of the Post Office. Parking on the road is not permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
8. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. Linens and bath towels are included in the unit. For reservations 7+ days in length, fresh towels will be provided to your unit every four days, and sheets will be changed every seven days. We do not permit towels or linens to be removed from the units. We do not permit towel use for pets - please bring your own maintenance items for your pets.
9. Water and Septic: The property is on a well and septic systems. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged damages of up to the cost of repair. We would contact you to discuss, if the issue arises.
10. Storms: No refunds will be given for storms. Our property is located directly off State Highway 69, and no gravel roads are required to access our property. We do not refund due to road conditions, and it is extremely rare that the highways would be impassible or closed during winter months. Major routes directly to our property from all major epicenters of Colorado are well maintained.
11. Damages to Premises: Should guest, or guest's invitees, cause any damages to the premises, or contents thereof, that require repair or replacement, guest authorizes owner to deposit the security deposit (if applicable) or to automatically charge the guests credit card for all damages. All damages must be reported to the owner before check-out and upon vacating, any missing or damaged property or inventory will be charged against your deposit, or if insufficient you will receive an invoice and agree to pay in full, via your credit card on file, the amounts required to conduct the necessary repairs, or if necessary to replace the missing items at full replacement value within 14 days.
12. AMENITIES: Please do not remove ANY items from the cottages upon your departure. Everything in the cottage is provided for your use during your stay, but not as a take-home souvenir. This includes, but is not limited to, all bathroom provisions, house manual, kitchen provisions, maps/instruction guides, towels, bedding, furniture, fixtures, electronics, etc. If items are missing upon your departure, we will automatically charge your credit card the replacement cost of the item. Thank you for understanding. This policy allows us to continue to offer you superior lodging at a reasonable cost.
13. CAMPING: Absolutely no camping of any kind is allowed on our property. This policy is inclusive of paying guests of the cottages or any additional persons. This includes, but is not limited to: car camping, tent camping, RV camping, Trailer camping. Parking an RV or Trailer on our property is not allowed.