Policies for Hillside Colorado Cottages
CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT: Check-in is anytime after 3:00pm. You will receive an email prior to your arrival, which will identify your custom code to access your cottage. Please plan to vacate your cottage by 11:00am on the day of departure so that we have time to prepare your unit for the next guest.
PAYMENT: We require 50% payment at time of reservation, and 50% payment fourteen (14) days in advance of your arrival. We accept all major credit cards. Please email us at email@example.com or call 970.631.3786 if you have any questions, need to modify, or cancel your reservation.
If the premises appear dirty or damaged upon check-in, Guest shall inform Owner immediately via 970.631.3786 or firstname.lastname@example.org
CANCELLATIONS: Reservations cancelled more than fourteen (14) days prior to arrival will be refunded in full. Any cancellations made less than (14) days prior to the arrival date will be subject to a fee of 50% of the anticipated total reservation.
GENERAL STORE & POST OFFICE: Please visit our historic General Store & Post Office located on site from 8am - Noon, Monday - Saturday. Barb, our Property Manager & local area expert would be pleased to answer any questions you have about the area during this time.
KITCHEN AMENITIES: Our kitchens are fully equipped for stove-top cooking.
AMENITIES: Please do not remove any items from the cottages upon your departure. Everything in the cottage is provided for your use during your stay, but not as a take-home souvenir. This includes, but is not limited to, allÂ bathroom provisions, kitchen provisions, maps/instruction guides, towels, bedding, furniture, fixtures, electronics, etc. If items are missing upon your departure, we will automatically charge your credit card the replacement cost of the item. Thank you for understanding. This policy allows us to continue to offer you superior lodging options at a reasonable cost.
PETS: One pet per cottage is welcome during your stay. Pet must be under 50lbs, and must be current on all vaccinations. Please do not allow your pet on the furniture or the bed during your stay. Pet may not be left unattended outside our cottages. If leaving your pet unattended inside the cottage, it must be in a kennel. When outside, pet must be on leash at all times. Be sure to pick up all excrement of your pet, and dispose in the dumpster. Do not allow your pet to cause undue noise that may affect the experience of the guests in our other cottages. Please see Exhibit A below for more detail on bringing your pet.
MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY: The maximum number of guests is limited to 2 persons per cottage. Greater total occupants than this will feel tight within our cottages.
INSURANCE: We encourage all renters to purchase traveler insurance.
ILLEGAL ACTIVITY: You agree not to use the premises for any activities or purposes that violates any criminal law or governmental regulation or to engage in any illegal activity while on property such use or activity will result in immediate eviction and forfeiture of all fees.
RENTAL RULES: Guest agrees to abide by the Rental Rules identified below as Exhibit A at all times while at the property and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else Guest permits on the property to abide by the following rules at all times while at the property.
1. Smoking of any substance is NOT allowed inside any of the cottages.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. Liability Release: The owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The owners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
6. PETS are permitted only with prior approval and the $20 fee per reservation is required at time of booking. It is hereby agreed by and between Owner and Guest that the guest is allowed to bring a maximum of one pet under 50 lbs to the cottage during term of reservation. No others pets will be allowed in the vacation cottage during the term of reservation. Guest hereby agrees to pay additional pet fee in the amount of $20 per reservation, that pet must be up-to-date on rabies vaccinations and all other necessary vaccinations. Heartworm preventive is highly recommended. All pets must be leashed at all times. Guest is responsible for cleaning up any/all pet refuse. Pets are not allowed on furniture at any time. Any evidence of pets on furniture will incur extra cleaning fees. All pets are to be treated with a topical flea and tick repellent three (3) days prior to arrival. Fleas and ticks are very rampant in this area and can cause harmful/fatal illness to humans and pets. Pet must not cause damage to premises or furnishings. If damages are caused, the cost of the damage will be charged to guest. Guest should prevent pets from producing excessive noise at a level that disturbs neighbors. Pet will not be left unattended for an undue length of time, either indoors or out. Pet must be kenneled if left unattended in the cottage. Pet will not be left unattended on balcony, patio, or porch. Owner assumes no responsibility for illness or injury that may incur to pets or humans while on the premises. Guest shall be solely responsible for the pet while on the property.
7. Parking: Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. Each cottage has one available parking spot beside the unit. Additional parking is provided in front of the Post Office. Parking on the road is not permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
8. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. Linens and bath towels are included in the unit. For reservations 7+ days in length, fresh towels will be provided to your unit every three days, and sheets will be changed every 7 days. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units.
9. Water and Septic: The property is on a well and septic systems. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged damages of up to the cost of repair.
10. Weather: No refunds will be given for weather. Our property is located directly off State Highway 69, and no gravel roads are required to access our property. We do not refund due to road conditions, and it is extremely rare that the highways would be impassible or closed during winter months. Major routes directly to our property from all major epicenters of Colorado are well maintained.
11. Damages to Premises: Should guest, or guests invitees or pets, cause any damages to the premises, or contents thereof, that require repair or replacement, guest authorizes owner to deposit the security deposit (if applicable) or to charge the guests credit card for all damages. All damages must be reported to the owner before check-out and upon vacating, any missing or damaged property or inventory will be charged against your deposit, or if insufficient you will receive an invoice and agree to pay in full, via your credit card on file, the amounts required to conduct the necessary repairs, or if necessary to replace the missing items at full replacement value within 14 days.
12. Amenities: Please do not remove any items from the cottages upon your departure. Everything in the cottage is provided for your use during your stay, but not as a take-home souvenir. This includes, but is not limited to, all bathroom provisions, kitchen provisions, maps/instruction guides, towels, bedding, furniture, fixtures, electronics, etc. If items are missing upon your departure, we will automatically charge your credit card the replacement cost of the item. Thank you for understanding. This policy allows us to continue to offer you superior lodging at a reasonable cost.